Angels in America. Part 1, The millennium approaches [videorecording] / HBO Films presents ; an Avenue Pictures production ; a Mike Nichols Film ; screenplay by Tony Kushner ; producer, Celia Costas ; directed by Mike Nichols.
- Other Title:
- Millennium approaches [videorecording]
- [New York, NY] : HBO Video, c2004.
1 videodisc (167 min.) : sd., col. w/b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Kushner, Tony -- Film adaptations.
Angels -- Drama.
AIDS (Disease) -- United States -- Drama.
Gay men -- United States -- Drama.
- Television adaptations.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English, French, or Spanish; optional subtitles in English and Spanish.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround (English), Dolby Digital 2.0 surround (English, French and Spanish).
- Set in 1985. Revolves around two very different men with AIDS, one fictional, one fictionalized. Roy Cohn, personifies all the hypocrisy, delusion and callousness of the official response to the plague. Nothing shakes Roy's lack of empathy: even on his death bed, he's fighting with his gay nurse and taunting the woman he helped put to death, Ethel Rosenberg. The other patient is Prior Walter, who is visited by an angel and deserted by his self-pitying lover, Louis. Louis moves on to a relationship with Joe Pitt, a Mormon lawyer whose closeted homosexuality drives his wife to delusions and brings his mother to New York.
- Al Pacino, Meryl Streep, Emma Thompson, Mary-Louise Parker, Jeffrey Wright, Justine Kirk, Ben Shenkman, Patrick Wilson, Brian Markinson, James Cromwell.
- Director of photography, Stephen Goldblatt; editors, John Bloom, Antonia Van Drimmelen; music, Thomas Newman; costume designer, Stuart Wurtzel; visual effects supervisor, Richard Edlund.
- Videodisc release of the first part of the television miniseries originally broadcast in 2003.
Based on the play by Tony Kushner.
Stated duration of video on container is 176 minutes.
Aspect ratio 16:9.
- Nichols, Mike. , Director, Producer
Costas, Celia. , Producer
Pacino, Al, 1940- , Actor
Streep, Meryl. , Actor
Thompson, Emma. , Actor
Newman, Thomas, 1955- , Composer
Kushner, Tony. , Author, Screenwriter, Adapter
HBO Films. , Producer
Avenue Pictures. , Producer
HBO Video (Firm) , Distributor
- Publisher Number:
91930 HBO Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|