Media by Milosevic [videorecording] : How Serbia's dictator wielded power / an Antelope production for Thirteen/WNET New York and the BBC in association with Télé Images Création ; produced and directed by Leslie Woodhead.
- Other Title:
- How Serbia's dictator wielded power
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, c2006 ; [London] : Antelope (UK) Ltd. ; [New York] : Educational Broadcasting Corp., c2002.
1 videodisc (587 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Milošević, Slobodan, 1941-2006.
Presidents -- Serbia -- Biography.
Serbia -- Politics and government -- 1992-.
Yugoslavia -- Politics and government -- 1992-2003.
Yugoslavia -- Politics and government -- 1980-1992.
Yugoslavia -- Ethnic relations.
Milošević, Slobodan, 1941-2006.
- System Details:
- Describes the career of the brutal Yugoslavian dictator Slobodan Milošević and his use of mass media to gather support for himself and extreme Serbian nationalist activities, through two wars and beyond. The program illustrates how, once in office, Milosevic performed an intricate balancing act, controlling information and the media to safeguard his reign and accomplish his ends--including concentration camps and ethnic cleansing. Featuring exclusive interviews with former Milosevic associates, loyalists, dissenters, his wife Mira and Ambassador Pierre-Richard Prosper, this is a startling portrayal of one of the darkest reigns of the past 50 years.
- Hosted by James Rubin and Daljit Dhaliwal.
- Co-producer, Paul Jerkins ; executive producer for Antelope (UK) Ltd., Mick Csáky ; senior producer, Andy Halper ; series producer, Pamela Hogan ; executve producer, Stephen Segaller.
- Videodisc release of the one-hour program from the first season of the PBS Television series Wide angle.
- Woodhead, Leslie. , Producer, Director
Rubin, James. , Host
Dhaliwal, Daljit, 1962- , Host
Antelope Production. , Producer
WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.) , Producer
British Broadcasting Corporation. , Producer
Tele Images Creations (Firm) , Producer
Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm) , Producer
Educational Broadcasting Corporation. , Producer
Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.) , Producer
- Publisher Number:
- FFH 36131 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
36131 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|