Miftāḥ al-Falāḥ. = مفتاح الفلاح.
- [between 1600 and 1631?]
151 leaves : paper ; 170 x 100 (120 x 66) mm bound to 174 x 111 mm.
- Religious life -- Shīʻah -- Early works to 1800.
Islam -- Customs and practices -- Early works to 1800.
Shiites -- Customs and practices -- Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Arabic -- 17th century.
- Work on Shīʻite daily religious customs and practices. This copy is very neatly written; some minor page repairs, a portion of the pages are stained, but still legible.
- Ms. codex.
Title from introduction (f. 2r).
Foliation: Modern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left.
Layout: 12 long lines; border-ruled.
Script: Written in small, neat naskh; pointed, unvocalized.
Decoration: Rubrications in red including some marginal headers. Textblock border-ruled in blue.
Binding: Black leather cover over thin pasteboard with faint blind-stamped frame. Endbands in blue and white and tan and white thread in a chevron pattern.
Origin: The copy is undated, but an owner's note places it before A.H. 1041 (1631) (Flyleaf 1r and 1v, in the front).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Penn Provenance:
- Partially effaced purple owner's stamp with the name Terbiet visible (f. 150v). Probably Tarbiyat Library in Tabriz, in service from 1898-1908 and run by Muḥammad ʻAlī Khān (1877 or 1878-1940).
Sold on eBay July 2014; accessioned 2018.
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 1959
- Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|