Reflexões sobre a vaidade dos homens, ou, Discursos moraes sobre os effeitos da vaidade ... / por Mathias Aires Ramos da Silva de Eça.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Reflexões sobre a vaidade dos homens
Discursos moraes sobre os effeitos da vaidade
- Lisboa : Na Offic. de Antonio Vicente da Silva, MDCCLXI 
, 400 p. ; 21 cm. (4to)
- yodo r-e- doa- desa (3) 1761 (R)
- Pride and vanity -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- Portugal Lisbon.
- Originally published in 1752.
Signatures: *-2*⁴ A-3D⁴.
Title ornament, initial and head-piece.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Jonathan A. Hill Endowed Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Henry Charles Lea Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Lea Library Maintenance Fund.
Cassuto Collection copy imperfect: leaves *2-*4 wanting.
Cassuto Collection copy: section numbers supplied in ms. in brown ink.
Alfonso Cassuto Collection copy acquired for the Penn Libraries in 2014 from the Cassuto family in Portugal.
Cassuto Collection copy has bookplate (on front pastedown) and armorial blind stamp (on title leaf) of the library of Alfonso Cassuto.
Cassuto Collection copy has partially illegible ms. ownership inscription ("Este Livro he de A[...]nia P[...]za demene[...]es") in brown ink on leaf 2*3v.
Cassuto Collection copy bound in full modern calf; 4 raised, gold-tooled bands on spine; title and author's surname stamped in gold on spine; all edges stippled brown.
Cassuto Collection copy has hole in leaf 2K2 with minor damage to text; portion of fore-edge margin of title leaf torn off and mended with a blank leaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Cassuto, Alfonso, 1910-1990 (bookplate) (former owner) (stamp) (Cassuto Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Silva, António Vicente da, active 1758-1785, bookseller.
Alfonso Cassuto Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Jonathan A. Hill Endowed Fund.
Henry Charles Lea Fund.
Lea Library Maintenance Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|