Astronomy and ceremony in the prehistoric Southwest, revisited : collaborations in cultural astronomy / edited by Gregory E. Munson, Todd W. Bostwick, and Tony Hull.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico : Maxwell Museum of Anthropology, University of New Mexico, 
- Conference Name:
- Conference on Archaeoastronomy of the American Southwest (2nd : 2011 : Maxwell Museum of Anthropology)
- Anthropological papers (Maxwell Museum of Anthropology) ; no. 9.
Anthropological papers / Maxwell Museum of Anthropology ; No. 9
xxii, 163 pages : illustrations, maps ; 28 cm.
- Indian astronomy -- Southwest, New.
Ethnoastronomy -- Southwest, New.
Archaeoastronomy -- Southwest, New.
Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Rites and ceremonies.
Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Antiquities.
Southwest, New -- Antiquities.
List of figures
List of tables
List of contributors
Preface / Gregory E. Munson
Acknowledgments / Tony Hull
Foreword / W. James Judge
Under Southwest skies : origin and evolution of archaeoastronomy of the American Southwest / E.C. Krupp
The Morning Star/rain/maize complex in the American Southwest / Polly Schaafsma
The enigmas of Fajada Butte / J. McKim Malville
Heaven on earth : the Chaco North Road / James M. Copeland
Gobernador Knob and Huerfano Mesa : a Navajo landscape / David M. Brugge
An archaeological and geological study of three shadow-casting stones at the V Bar V rock art site in northern Arizona / Todd W. Bostwick, Paul A. Lindberg, and Kenneth J. Zoll
New evidence of Tewa-style moiety organization in the Mesa Verde region, Colorado / Robert L. Bernhart and Scott G. Ortman
A proposed solar/lunar observation station at Salmon Pueblo / Brooks M. Marshall and Larry L. Baker
Petroglyph based archaeoastronomy sites in the northern San Juan region of Colorado / Virgina Wolf and Edward Wheeler
Using architectural documentation to assess architecture and features associated with astronomical observations : case studies at Mesa Verde National Park / Gregory E. Munson
Solar/lunar archaeological alignments : a method of evaluating a set of observations for the likelihood of false positives / Tony Hull, Carol Armbruster, and Elizabeth Jewell
Cultural astronomy in the field / Jarita Holbrook
Discussion: Looking up and down and asking how and why : challenges for modern archaeoastronomy in the American Southwest / Gregory E. Munson, Todd W. Bostwick, and Tony Hull, editors.
- Selected papers from the 2011 Conference on Archaeoastronomy of the American Southwest (CAASW), held June 16-18, 2011, in the Hibben Center at the Maxwell Museum of Anthropology, University of New Mexico. (Preface and Society for Cultural Anthropology in the American Southwest's website)
Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Munson, Gregory E., editor.
Bostwick, Todd W., editor.
Hull, Tony, 1943- editor.
Maxwell Museum of Anthropology, publisher and issuing body.
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|