The Catholic church and its reactions with science / by Bertram C. A. Windle.
- New York : The Macmillan Company, 1927. , ©1927
- Calvert series
152 pages ; 20 cm
- Catholic Church.
Religion and science.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City).
- On the desirability of accuracy
On the common error that there must of necessity be a conflict between the church and science
On similarity of methods in religion and science
On philosophy and especially on authority in philosophy
On authority in doctrine
On the fact that there are other things than science
On the Bible and on various methods of interpreting it
On certain mistaken ideas as to the attitude of the church : chiefly astronomical
On certain mistaken ideas as to the attitude of the church : chiefly cosmological
On certain mistaken ideas as to the attitude of the church : chiefly biological
On certain mistaken ideas as to the attitude of the church : chiefly anthropological
On some remarkable occurrences inexplicable by science.
- "Copyright, 1927, by The Macmillan Company. Set up and electrotyped. Published January, 1927"--verso of title page.
"Printed in the United States of America by The Ferris Printing Company, New York"--verso of title page.
Includes bibliographical references (page 148) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B., (former owner) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Ferris Printing Company, printer.
Macmillan Company, publisher.
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|