Jane Austen / Marghanita Laski.
- Rev ed.
- London : Thames & Hudson, 1975 (1997 [printing])
- Thames and Hudson literary lives
143 p. : ill., facsims., 1 geneal. table, 1 map, ports. ; 24 cm.
- Austen, Jane, 1775-1817.
Women novelists, English -- 19th century -- Biography.
Novelists, English -- 19th century -- Biography.
Women novelists, English.
- Local subjects:
- Austen, Jane, 1775-1817 -- Biography. (search)
- With her usual incisiveness and humour, Laski presents a study of Austen, her works - including the letters - and her period. This biography contains over 100 illustrations of Austen, her family and the world in which she lived.
- Bibliography: p138-139. - Includes index.
Previous ed.: published as Jane Austen and her world, 1969.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Laski, Marghanita, 1915-1988.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|