African American newspapers [electronic resource] : the 19th century.
- Other Title:
- African American newspapers the nineteenth century
- Malvern, PA : Accessible Archives
Database & Article Index
1 online resource
Began in 1998?
- African Americans -- History -- 19th century -- Sources -- Databases.
African American newspapers -- Databases.
African American newspapers.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This enormous collection of African American newspapers contains a wealth of information about cultural life and history during the 1800s and is rich with first-hand reports of the major events and issues of the day, including the Mexican War, Presidential and Congressional addresses, Congressional abstracts, business and commodity markets, the humanities, world travel and religion. The collection also provides a great number of early biographies, vital statistics, essays and editorials, poetry and prose, and advertisements all of which embody the African-American experience.
- Title from about archives page (viewed Sept. 2, 2014).
- Accessible Archives.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|