Oscar Wilde--three times tried.
- Paris : Privately printed, [1929?]
2 volumes in 1 (432 pages) ; 25 cm
- Wilde, Oscar, 1854-1900.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Account of the trial in a libel action brought against Lord Queensberry in the Marlborough Street Police Court, London, and the trials of Oscar Wilde and Alfred Taylor, held in the Central Criminal Court of London.
On t.p.: Volume One; half-title (p. ): Volume Two [on otherwise blank p.].
"Published for the subscribers of Casanova Jr's. tales, quarterly published by The Two Worlds Publishing Company of New York. The text was published ... April ... 1928 ... [to] Jan. 1929 ... and bound up in the present form"--Clark, W.A. Wilde and Wildeiana, v. 5 (1931), p. 84-85.
Text originally published in London by the Ferrestone Press in 1912 and [1920?] Cf. NUC, pre-56.
"This edition is limited to 999 copies of which this is no. ..."--Page .
- Local notes:
- Gertzman Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2016 by Jay. A. Gertzman.
Gertzman Collection copy has 4 page photocopy from the Literati about Wilde and Samuel Roth publishing same. Unnumbered.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Gertzman, Jay A. (donor) (Gertzman Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Queensberry, John Sholto Douglas, 8th marquis, 1844-1900, defendant.
Taylor, Alfred, 1862 or 1863- defendant.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
London. Metropolitan Police Courts.
Great Britain. Central Criminal Court.
Jay A. Gertzman Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|