Unter dir die Stadt [videorecording] / eine Heimatfilm Produktion in Koproduktion mit WDR und ARTE ; Drehbuch, Ulrich Peltzer, Christoph Hochhäusler ; Regie, Christoph Hochhäusler.
- Other Title:
- Title in English subtitles: City below [videorecording]
- Berlin : Piffl Medien : Good! Movies, c2011.
1 videodisc (110 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet ([8 p.] : col. ill. ; 18 cm.).
4 3/4 in.
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Drama.
Married women -- Drama.
Bankers -- Germany -- Drama.
Avarice -- Drama.
Triangles (Interpersonal relations)
- Thrillers (Motion pictures)
- In German with optional English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD 9 (PAL), region 0; Dolby Digital stereo 5.1
digital optical stereo surround
video file DVD video region 0
- "A man wooing a married woman uses unscrupulous advantage to win her over in this drama from director Christoph Hochhäusler. Olli (Mark Waschke) had been out of work for many months before landing a job with Lobau Bank, a powerful finance firm based in Frankfurt. Olli and his wife Svenja (Nicolette Krebitz) relocate to the city, and they haven't been there long when she meets Roland (Robert Hunger-Bühler), a man who is clearly attracted to her. A few days later, Roland and Svenja once again cross paths by chance, and he is convinced the fates are trying to tell them something. Svenja is willing to visit Roland in his hotel room, but she isn't interested in cheating on her husband, and she informs her wealthy and confident new friend that he can't always have everything he wants. But in this case, Roland does have the upper hand -- he happens to be one of the top executives with Lobau Bank, and when one of the top men in their Indonesian office is murdered, Roland appoints Olli to be his replacement, putting Svenja's husband out of the picture for at least a few months. Unter dir die Stadt (aka The City Below) was an official selection at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival"--All Movie Guide, Feb. 22, 2012.
- Nicolette Krebitz, Robert Hunger-Bühler, Mark Waschke, Corinna Kirchhoff, Van Lam Vissay, Wolfgang Böck.
- Camera, Bernhard Keller ; editing, Stefan Stabenow ; music, Benedikt Schiefer.
- Aspect ratio 16:9/1:2.35.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2010.
Special features include: Séance : ein Kurzfilm ; von Christoph Hochhäusler; trailer; trailers for other films.
- Hochhäusler, Christoph, 1972- director, screenwriter., Director, Screenwriter
Peltzer, Ulrich, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Keller, Bernhard, 1967- director of photography., Cinematographer
Stabenow, Stefan, 1971- editor of moving image work., Editor of moving image work
Schiefer, Benedikt, composer (expression), Composer
Krebitz, Nicolette, 1971- actor., Actor
Hunger-Bühler, Robert, 1953- actor., Actor
Waschke, Mark, actor., Actor
Heimatfilm (Firm), production company., Producer
Westdeutscher Rundfunk, production company., Producer
ARTE Deutschland TV, production company., Producer
Piffl Medien, issuing body., Issuing body, Distributor
good! movies (Firm), issuing body., Issuing body, Distributor
- Séance (Motion picture)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|