The streets of London : a merry round game from four to eight players.
- [England : s.n., 18--?]
48 cards : col. ill. ; 9 cm.
- Cries -- England -- London -- Miscellanea.
Playing cards -- Specimens.
- Place of Publication:
Baked potatoes all hot. (4 cards)
Buy a box of lights, Sir? (6 cards)
Catch-'em alive, oh! (3 cards)
Chuck-'em down, Sir? (3 cards)
Clean your boots, Sir? (4 cards)
Dust a-hoy. (2 cards)
Got a copper, your honour? (5 cards)
Knives or scissors to grind. (5 cards)
Ornaments for your fire-stoves. (4 cards)
Old Clo'. (2 cards)
Oranges, two a penny. (4 cards)
Pots and kettles to mend. (5 cards).
- Card game featuring the words to 12 London street cries; the object is to collect the words of as many complete cries as possible.
Game consists of 48 cards: 1 with instructions for play, 12 each with colored illustration of a London street cry (with complete cry at head and first word of cry at foot of card), and 35 each with one word of a cry.
"Entered at Stationers' Hall."--Rules card.
- Local notes:
- Albert Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Dr. Daniel and Eleanor Albert.
- Penn Provenance:
- Albert, Daniel M. (donor) (Albert Collection copy)
Albert, Eleanor (donor) (Albert Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Dr. Daniel and Eleanor Albert Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|