Kaṭhavalyopaniṣad, 1700-1850. = कठवल्योपनिषद्, १७००-१८५०.
- Standardized Title:
- Upanishads. Kaṭhopaniṣad.
1 item (14 leaves) : paper ; 10 x 16 cm.
Rites and ceremonies -- India.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is used for contemplation, study and recitation, and is a Hindu or Late Vedic philosophical treatise presented in the form of a story and as a dialogue between a father Vājraśrava, and his son Niciketas; the work addresses early concepts of the Self (ātman), as well as addressing and offering interpretation of early social and ritual action.
- Title from colophon (f. 14v).
Written in 7-9 lines per leaf.
14 leaves foliated 1-14, upper left and lower right verso.
Mistakes covered in yellow or black, some additions and corrections written in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Colophon: iti kaṭhavalyo[paniṣad]dvitIyadhyāyaḥ // (f. 14v).
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 494 (UP 964).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 964
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 964
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|