[Questions and answers on Shiʻī religious philosophy and practice].
- [Iran?] ; [between 1725 and 1825?]
40 leaves : paper ; 165 x 105 (115 x 72) mm bound to 171 x 113 mm.
- Religious life -- Shīʻah -- Early works to 1800.
Islam -- Customs and practices -- Early works to 1800.
Shīʻah -- Customs and practices -- Early works to 1800.
Shīʻah -- Miscellanea -- Early works to 1800.
Shīʻah -- Doctrines -- Early works to 1800.
- Codices (bound manuscripts)
Manuscripts, Arabic -- 18th century.
- Copy of a series of branching questions and answers about religious philosophy and practice, divided into chapters by topic. This copy begins and ends abruptly. The first complete chapter is kitāb-i tawḥīd (beginning f. 2r) and the last, incomplete, chapter is kitāb-i qaz̤ā (beginning f. 155r).
- Ms. codex.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Foliation: Modern foliation added in pencil, upper left recto; catchwords every verso, lower left.
Layout: 11 long lines.
Script: Written in naskh; pointed, vocalized.
Decoration: Rubrications in red.
Binding: Rebound in modern brown leather.
Origin: The item is undated. Probably 18th century Iran.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold on eBay in 2014.
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 1964.
- Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|