Transporters in Drug Discovery and Development [electronic resource] : Detailed Concepts and Best Practice.
- Burlington : Elsevier Science, 2013.
- Woodhead Publishing series in biomedicine
Woodhead Publishing Series in Biomedicine
1 online resource (759 p.)
Drugs -- Design.
- Local subjects:
- Biopharmaceutics. (search)
Drug development. (search)
Drugs -- Design. (search)
- Electronic books.
- Cover; Transporters in drug discovery and development: Detailed concepts and best practice; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; List of figures; List of tables; Preface; About the author; 1 Membrane transporters and the diseases corresponding to functional defects; 1.1 Introduction; 1.2 Ion channels; 1.3 Transporters; 1.4 References; 2 P-glycoprotein (P-gp/MDR1)/ABCB1; 2.1 Introduction; 2.2 Molecular characteristics and transport mechanisms; 2.3 Tissue expression of P-gp; 2.4 Genetic polymorphism of ABCB1; 2.5 Substrates and inhibitors; 2.6 P-gp functional modulation and clinical implications
2.7 References3 Multidrug resistanceassociated protein 2 (MRP2/ABCC2); 3.1 Introduction; 3.2 Molecular characteristics and transport mechanisms; 3.3 Organ expression of MRP2; 3.4 Genetic polymorphisms of ABCC2; 3.5 Substrates and inhibitors of MRP2/ABCC2; 3.6 MRP2 functional modulation and clinical implications; 3.7 References; 4 Breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP)/ABCG2; 4.1 Introduction; 4.2 Molecular characteristics and transport mechanisms; 4.3 Tissue expression of BCRP; 4.4 Genetic polymorphisms of ABCG2; 4.5 Substrates and inhibitors
4.6 BCRP functional modulation and clinical implications4.7 References; 5 The bile salt export pump (BSEP/ABCB11); 5.1 Introduction; 5.2 Molecular characteristics and transport mechanisms; 5.3 BSEP expression and druginduced cholestasis; 5.4 Genetic polymorphisms of ABCB11; 5.5 Substrates and inhibitors of BSEP and clinical implications; 5.6 References; 6 Organic aniontransporting polypeptides (OATPs/SLCOs); 6.1 Introduction; 6.2 Molecular characteristics and transport mechanisms; 6.3 Organ expression of OATP transporters; 6.4 Genetic polymorphisms of SLCO genes
6.5 OATP functional modulation and clinical implications6.6 Substrates and inhibitors of OATP transporters; 6.7 References; 7 Organic anion, organic cation and zwitterion transporters of the SLC22 and SLC47 superfamily (OATs, OCTs, OCTNs and MATEs); 7.1 Introduction; 7.2 Molecular characteristics and transport mechanisms; 7.3 Tissue expression of organic anion, organic cation and zwitterion transporters; 7.4 Genetic polymorphisms; 7.5 Substrates and inhibitors; 7.6 Transporter functional modulation and clinical implications; 7.7 References
8 Drug transporters in drug discovery and development8.1 Introduction; 8.2 Transporter effects in organ barriers; 8.3 Transporters as pharmacological targets; 8.4 Transporter-related organ toxicity; 8.5 Enzyme- transporter interplay in the liver; 8.6 Transporter assessment in drug discovery and development; 8.7 References; 9 Transporter study methodologies; 9.1 Introduction; 9.2 Membrane-based systems; 9.3 Cell-based transporter assays; 9.4 In situ perfused organ and ex vivo incubation systems; 9.5 Transporter characterization in animal models
- Description based upon print version of record.
9.6 In silico computational and mathematical models
Written by a leading researcher in the field, Transporters in Drug Discovery and Development provides a comprehensive and practical guide to drug transporter families that are the most important for drug discovery and development. It covers: an overview of transporter families and organ distribution; clinical relevant drug-drug interaction; clinical relevant polymorphism; drug transporter related pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamics and toxicity; in vitro/in vivo probes of drug transport studies; the practical methodologies of industrial transporter screening and translational aspect in drug disc.
- ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Other format:
- Print version: Lai, Yurong Transporters in Drug Discovery and Development : Detailed Concepts and Best Practice
- 9781908818287 (electronic bk.)
190881828X (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|