Celiac disease and gluten [electronic resource] : multidisciplinary challenges and opportunities / Herbert Wieser, Peter Koehler, Katharina Konitzer.
- Burlington : Elsevier Science, 2014.
1 online resource (273 p.)
- Celiac disease -- Popular works.
Gluten-free diet -- Popular works.
Amino acids -- Metabolism.
- Electronic books.
- Celiac Disease and Gluten: Multidisciplinary Challenges and Opportunities is a unique reference work-the first to integrate the insights of the causes and effects of celiac disease from the chemistry of reaction-causing foods to the diagnosis, pathogenesis, and symptoms that lead to proper diagnoses and treatment. With an estimated three million people in the United States alone affected by celiac disease, an autoimmune digestive disease, only five percent are properly diagnosed. Drawing on the connection between foods containing gluten and the resulting symptoms, this resource offers distinctive information that directly explores and links food science, medical diagnostics, and treatment information. A helpful tool for researchers and medical practitioners alike, Celiac Disease and Gluten: Multidisciplinary Challenges and Opportunities helps refine research targets, and provides a comprehensive overview on the multidisciplinary approaches to all crucial aspects related to celiac disease.
- Front Cover; Celiac Disease and Gluten: Multidisciplinary Challenges and Opportunities; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Biography; Frequent Abbreviations; Introduction; Definitions and Terms; CELIAC DISEASE; GLUTEN; REFERENCES; Chapter 1 - Celiac Disease-A Complex Disorder; 1. HISTORY; 2. EPIDEMIOLOGY; 3. GENETICS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS; 4. CLINICAL FEATURES; 5. DIAGNOSIS; 6. PATHOMECHANISM; REFERENCES; Chapter 2 - Gluten-The Precipitating Factor; 1. OVERVIEW ON CEREALS; 2. CEREAL PROTEINS; 3. CELIAC DISEASE TOXICITY; REFERENCES; Chapter 3 - Treatment of Celiac Disease;
1. CONVENTIONAL THERAPY 2. ALTERNATIVE THERAPIES; REFERENCES; Chapter 4 - Gluten-Free Products; 1. PRODUCTS FROM GLUTEN-FREE RAW MATERIALS; 2. PRODUCTS RENDERED GLUTEN-FREE; 3. LEGISLATION; 4. GLUTEN ANALYSIS; REFERENCES; Future Tasks; Further Reading; Index; Color Plates.
- Description based on print version record.
- Wieser, Herbert.
ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Other format:
- Print version: Koehler, Peter. Celiac Disease and Gluten.
- 9780127999265 (electronic bk.)
0127999264 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|