Young Torless. [electronic resource]
- [San Francisco, California, USA] : Kanopy Streaming, 2014.
1 online resource (1 video file, approximately 87 minutes) : digital, .flv file, sound
- Teenage boys -- Austria.
Students -- Austria.
Torture -- Austria.
- Feature films.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Flash Player.
video file MPEG-4 Flash
- At an Austrian boys' boarding school in the early 1900s, shy, intelligent Törless observes the sadistic behavior of his fellow students, doing nothing to help a victimized classmate, until the torture goes too far. Adapted from Robert Musil's acclaimed novel, Young Törless launched the New German Cinema movement and garnered the 1966 Cannes Film Festival International Critics' Prize for first-time director Volker Schlöndorff.
- Title from title frames.
Originally produced by Criterion Collection/Janus Films in 1966.
- Schlöndorff, Volker, film director.
Musil, Robert, 1880-1942.
- Publisher Number:
- 1113527 Kanopy
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|