A river called Titas / A film by Ritwik Ghatak ; Dry summer / A film by Metin Erksan.
- Other Title:
- At head of title: Martin Scorsese's world cinema project
- New York, NY : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection ; 687, 688.
Criterion collection ; 687, 688
World Cinema Project, no. 7
2 videodiscs (156, 90 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Kidnapping -- Bangladesh -- Drama.
Fishers -- Bangladesh -- Drama.
Farmers -- Drama.
Water-supply -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Bengali or Turkish dialogue; English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; full screen presentations; monaural.
- A River Called Titas: "Concerns the lives of people in fishing villages along the banks of Titas in pre-Partition East Bengal. Focusing on the tragic intertwining fates of a series of fascinating characters, it tells the poignant story of an entire community's vanishing way of life."--Container. Dry Summer: "Follows a selfish farmer who builds a dam to prevent water from flowing downhill to his neighbor's crops, and a love triangle between the farmer, his more decent brother and a beautiful villager."--Container.
- River called Titas (1973, 156 min., Bengali)
Dry summer (1964 : 90 min., Turkish)
- A river called Titas: Kabari Choudhury, Roushan Jamil, Prabir Mitra.
Dry summer: Erol Taş, Hülya Koçyiğit, Ulvi Doğan, Hakki Haktan.
- Title from container.
- Ghatak, Ritwikkumar, 1925-1976. , Director
Erksan, Metin, 1929-2012 , Director
Criterion Collection (Firm) , Distributor
- Dry summer.
- 9781604658156 (A River Called Titas)
1604658150 (A River Called Titas)
9781604658163 (Dry summer)
1604658169 (Dry summer)
- Publisher Number:
CC2333BDDVD (CC2333BDVD-5, CC2333BDVD-6) The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|