[Ornaments for the Nocturnes, op. 9, no. 1, and op. 9, no. 2]
- Paris, [1845?]
1 ms score ( leaf) ; 35 cm
- Piano music.
Music -- Manuscripts.
- Manuscripts, French -- 19th century.
- A single leaf of paper lined with 12 staves on which Chopin wrote in pencil 4 substitute ornaments for his student, the writer WIlhelm von Lenz. Three of the substitute ornaments are for the Nocturne, op. 9 no. 2 and one is for the Nocturne, op. 9, no. 1 (measure 45). The manuscript is signed and dated by Lenz "Paris 45." It also contains a dedication to the Princess Czartoryska dated "St. Petersburg 1850," possibly also in Lenz's hand.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Savoy Company's Alfred Reginald Allen Memorial Fund.
- Lenz, Wilhelm von, 1808-1883, former owner.
Czartoryska, Marcelina, księżna, 1817-1894, dedicatee.
Savoy Company's Alfred Reginald Allen Memorial Fund.
- Chopin, Frédéric, 1810-1849. Nocturnes, piano, op. 9. No. 1.
Chopin, Frédéric, 1810-1849. Nocturnes, piano, op. 9. No. 2.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|