The business of show business : a guide to career opportunities behind the scenes in theatre and film / Judith A. Katz.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Barnes & Noble Books, ©1981.
xiii, 254 pages : portraits ; 22 cm
- Performing arts -- Vocational guidance -- United States.
Performing arts -- Vocational guidance.
- Part I: A quick overview of the business of show business
1. How and where films and plays are put together
2. How unions affect theatre and film jobs
3. Types of theatre and film
Part II: Administration
4. Administrative job descriptions
5. Administrative profiles:
Maxine Fox, producer of the play Grease on broadway
Sidney Kiwitt, Warner Brothers business affairs expert
Bob Moss, producing director of Playwrights Horizons
Peter Saphier, Universal Pictures production executive
Part III: Production
6. Production job descriptions
7. Production profiles:
Vinnette Carroll, artistic director of the Urban Arts Corps theatre and creater of Don't bother me, I can't cope
Paul Monette, Hollywood screenwriter
Richard Fischoff, associate producer of Kramer vs. Kramer
Robert (Bob) Allan Ackerman, director of the broadway production of Bent
Lewis Jackson, a New York independent filmmaker
Part IV: Production crafts
8. Production crafts job descriptions
9. Production artisan profiles:
Susan (Sandy) E. Morse, editor of Manhattan
Mel Bourne, production designer of Annie Hall
Zoya Wyeth, equity stage manager
Fred Schuler, camera operator of The deer hunter and director of photography of Gloria
A. Christina (Stia) Giannini, costume designer to Agnes de Mille and Alvin Ailey
Part V: Supporting services
10. Supporting services job descriptions
11. Supporting services profiles:
Geoffrey Sanford, Hollywood literary agent
David Denby, film critic of New York magazine
Part VI: Finding a job
12. The first step
Appendix A: Jobs in show business
Appendix B: Resources.
- "Barnes & Noble books."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|