The funding of biopharmaceutical research and development [electronic resource] / David R. Williams.
- Philadelphia : Woodhead Pub., 2013.
- Woodhead Publishing series in biomedicine ; no. 43.
Woodhead Publishing Series in biomedicine ; no. 43
1 online resource (xxxvii, 245 p.) : ill.
- Pharmaceutical industry -- Finance.
Biopharmaceutics -- Research.
- Medical subjects:
- Biopharmaceutics -- economics.
Drug Discovery -- economics.
Drug Industry -- economics.
- Electronic books.
- This book describes the theoretical underpinnings, present practice, and trends in R&D funding in the human biopharmaceutical market sector, both in the U.S. and worldwide. It includes a review and discussion of public-private partnership activity and their inner-workings as well as an overview of the inner-workings of strategic alliance activity, including the advantages and disadvantages for each party. It includes venture capital activity and the IPO process.
- 1. Introduction to the biopharmaceutical market
2. Synopsis of theories of the firm and valuation methods
3. Innovation and the merging of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries
4. The funding of basic research and public-private partnerships
5. Strategic alliances
6. Angel and venture capital
7. The initial public offering
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Other format:
- Print version: Williams, David R. (David Raymond), 1961- Funding of biopharmaceutical research and development.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|