Saṃkṣepaśārīraka. Adhyāya 2, circa 1700-1850. = संक्षेपशारीरक. अध्याय २, १७००-१८५०.
- Standardized Title:
- Saṅkṣepaśārīraka. Selections.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (78 leaves) : paper ; 12 x 31 cm.
- Bādarāyaṇa. Brahmasūtra.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is used for contemplation, study and recitation and is a reworking, in verse, of Śaṅkarācārya's foundational philosophical commentary on the Brahmāsūtras, known as the Śārīrakamīmāṃsābhāṣya, one of the cornerstones of the Hindu philosophical system known as Advaita (non-dualism) Vedānta. Manuscript contains the first section of the large work as well as including a running commentary, horizontally above and below the main text, called the Saṃkṣepaśārīrakasārasaṃgraha by Madhusūdana Sarasvatī.
- Title from colophon (f. 78v).
Written in 7-17 lines per leaf.
78 leaves foliated 1-78, lower right verso; also foliated 169-246, upper left verso, which indicates its placement within a larger manuscript.
Colophon: iti śrīsarvajñāsa[mahā]muniviracite saṃkṣepaśārīrake virodhalakṣaṇaṃ dvitīyodhyāyaḥ // (f. 78v).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Machine-made paper with watermarks through many folios of the manuscript, the watermark is a crest with a crown and some wording as well as a crest with some vegetation (?) and an animal of some kind.
Manuscript was formerly part of a larger manuscript along with Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1004, Item 1006, and Item 1007.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 4182 (UP 1005).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1005
- Madhusūdana Sarasvatī.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 1005
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|