Management of adults with traumatic brain injury / edited by David B. Arciniegas ... [and others] ; managing editor, T. Angelita Garcia.
- First edition.
- Washington, DC : American Psychiatric Pub., 
1 online resource (xxv, 561 pages) : illustrations (some color).
- Brain damage -- Treatment.
- Medical subjects:
- Brain Injuries -- therapy.
Neuropsychiatry -- methods.
Rehabilitation -- psychology.
- Electronic books.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a public health issue of worldwide proportions, affecting motorists, victims of interpersonal violence, athletes, military service members, and Veterans, among others. This book provides evidence-informed guidance on the core topics in brain injury medicine, including the epidemiology and pathophysiology of TBI, the medical evaluation and neuropsychological assessment of persons with TBI, and the common cognitive, emotional, behavioral, and other neurological disturbances for which persons with TBI and their families seek clinical care. Impressive breadth and depth of coverage, logical structure, clinically rich detail, and concise presentation.
- Overview of traumatic brain injury / Erin D. Bigler, William L. Maxwell
Medical evaluation / David B. Arciniegas
Neuropsychological assessment / Rodney D. Vanderploeg
Disorders of consciousness / John Whyte, Joseph Giacino
Cognitive impairments / David B. Arciniegas, Kimberly L. Frey, and Thomas W. McAllister
Disorders of mood and affect / Ricardo E. Jorge, David B. Arciniegas
Anxiety disorders / Jesse R. Fann, Matthew Jakupcak
Posttraumatic stress disorder / Jan E. Kennedy, Michael S. Jaffee, and Douglas B. Cooper
Posttraumatic psychosis / Perminder S. Sachdev
Aggressive disorders / Stuart C. Yudofsky, Jonathan M. Silver, and Karen E. Anderson
Apathy / Robert van Reekum, Emma van Reekum
Substance use disorders / Jennifer Bogner
Headache / Robert L. Ruff ... [et al.]
Seizures and epilepsy / Lauren Frey
Sleep and fatigue / Sandeep Vaishnavi, Una McCann, and Vani Rao
Posttraumatic sensory impairments / Nathan D. Zasler
Traumatic brain injury in late life / William C. Walker, David X. Cifu
Athletes and sports-related concussion / Christopher M. Bailey, Michael A. McCrea, and Jeffrey T. Barth
Military personnel and veterans with traumatic brain injury / Kimberly Meyer, Michael S. Jaffee
Persistent symptoms after a concussion / Jonathan M. Silver, Thomas Kay
Forensic issues and traumatic brain injury / Robert P. Granacher Jr.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Arciniegas, David B. (David Brian), 1967-
American Psychiatric Association.
- Other format:
- Print version: Management of adults with traumatic brain injury.
- 9781585629886 (electronic bk.)
158562988X (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|