Colonial itineraries of contemporary Mexico : literary and cultural inquiries / edited by Oswaldo Estrada and Anna M. Nogar.
- Tucson : The University of Arizona Press, 
x, 317 pages ; 24 cm
- Mexican literature -- 21st century -- History and criticism.
Historical fiction, Mexican -- History and criticism.
Colonies in literature.
Politics in literature.
Motion pictures -- Mexico -- History -- 21st century.
Colonies in motion pictures.
Mexico -- In motion pictures.
Historical fiction, Mexican.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- "This book discusses rewritings of the Mexican colonia to question present-day realities of marginality and inequality, imposed political domination, and hybrid subjectivities. Critics examine literature and films produced in and around Mexico since 2000 to broaden our understanding beyond the theories of the new historical novel and upend the notion of the novel as the sole re-creative genre"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Estrada, Oswaldo, editor.
Nogar, Anna M., editor.
- 9780816531080 (cloth : alk. paper)
0816531080 (cloth : alk. paper)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|