Reconversão = Reconversion / a film by Thom Andersen.
- Other Title:
- New York, NY : Cinema Guild, 
1 videodisc, approximately 67 min. : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Moura, Eduardo Souto de, 1952- -- Biography.
Moura, Eduardo Souto de, 1952- -- Interviews.
Architecture, Modern -- 20th century.
Architecture, Modern -- 21st century.
Architects -- Portugal.
- Documentary films.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1.
- "Eduardo Souto de Moura is one of the world's leading architects. Focusing on 17 buildings and projects (completed, abandoned or unrealized), accompanied by Souto de Moura's writings, as well as an interview with the famed architect and employing Eadweard Muybridge's filmic technique (of shooting only one or two frames per second), Andersen masterfully brings forward what makes Souto de Moura an original: the incorporation of the passing of time into architectural designs, positing them within a history fraught with class struggle and societal changes, in a continuum with ruins - from which they may originate, and the which they will return - and with nature - which they frame, and by which they are framed." -- Container.
- Voice, Encke King.
- Director, Thom Andersen; producer, Dario Oliviera; cinematographer, Peter Bo Rappmund; editors, Adam R. Levine, Christine Chang; produced by Curtas Metragens CRL..
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2012.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- Andersen, Thom, filmmaker.
King, Encke M., narrator.
Curtas Metragens CRL (Firm) film producer.
Cinema Guild, film distributor.
Class of 1924 Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- 2494 Cinema Guild
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|