The Black War : fear, sex and resistance in Tasmania / Nicholas Clements.
- St Lucia, Qld. University of Queensland Press, 2014.
xvii, 268 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm
- Aboriginal Tasmanians -- History.
Race discrimination -- Australia -- Tasmania -- History.
Tasmania -- Race relations -- History.
Tasmania -- History -- Black War, 1825-1831.
- Between 1825 and 1831 close to 200 Britons and 1000 Aborigines died violently in Tasmania's Black War. It was by far the most intense frontier conflict in Australia's history, yet many Australians know little about it. This takes a unique approach to this historic event, looking chiefly at the experiences and attitudes of those who took part.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780702250064 (paperback) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|