Dickson violin [electronic resource] / directed by William Heise and William K. L. Dickson ; produced by Edison Studios.
- Other Title:
- Dickson experimental sound film
- New York : Kino Lorber, Inc., 1894.
- Silent film online
1 streaming video file (1 min.) : sd., b&w
Sound motion pictures -- Experiments.
- This edition silent with musical background.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Experimental sound film made for Edison's kinetophone -- a combination of the kinetoscope and phonograph -- but apparently never distributed. Features two men dancing to a violinist. Shows W. K. L. Dickson playing the violin before a large phonograph horn connected with an off-screen reader while two men dance together. Part of Dickson's sound-synchronization experiments.
- Title from title frames (Silent Film Online, viewed Apr. 4, 2014).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Silent film online). Available via World Wide Web.
Won 2003 National Film Preservation Board National Film Registry Award
- Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie), 1860-1935. , Director
Heise, William. , Director
Thomas A. Edison, Inc. , Producer
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|