Mitchell and Kenyon. 491, Arthur Mold bowling to A.N.Hornby, July 12, 1901 [electronic resource] / produced by Mitchell and Kenyon.
- Other Title:
- Mitchell and Kenyon 491 : Arthur Mold bowling to A.N.Hornby, July 12, 1901
Mitchell and Kenyon reel 46, no. 491
- London : British Film Institute, 1901.
- Silent film online
1 streaming video file (2 min.) : sd., b&w
- Cricket players -- England.
Cricket -- Bowling -- England.
Cricket -- England.
Spectators -- England.
Sports -- Corrupt practices -- England.
- This edition silent.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This unusually topical Mitchell and Kenyon title is perhaps the first filmed record of a sporting controversy. Lancashire's Mold, one of cricket's leading fast bowlers, was judged to have broken rules with his unorthodox bowling action. Despite his protests, this footage proves him guilty of 'throwing.' Mold's teammate Arthur Hornby was another cricketing giant, captaining Lancashire and England. This video has scenes of the team and spectators.
- Title from title frames (Silent Film Online, viewed Apr. 4, 2014).
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2014. (Silent film online). Available via World Wide Web.
- Mitchell and Kenyon. , Producer
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|