The egg and I / by Betty MacDonald.
- Philadelphia ; New York : J.B. Lippincott Co., 
287 pages ; 21 cm
- Farm life.
Farm life -- Humor.
MacDonald, Betty Bard.
- The author relates the joys and frustrations of life on a poultry farm in the mountains of Washington.
- Pt. 1. Such duty. 1, And I'll be happy. 2, Battre l'eau avec un baton. 3, "Who, me?" or "Look 'peasant,' please!"
pt. 2. November. 4, The vanquished. 5, Infiltration. 6, Mental block
pt. 3. Spring. 7, The whistle blows. 8, People. 9, I learn to hate even baby chickens. 10, The lure of the tropics. 11, The mountain to Mohammed
pt. 4. Summer. 12, Who bothers whom? 13, That infernal machine, the pressure cooker. 14, This beautiful country. 15, Fancywork versus the printed word. 16, With bow and arrow. 17, All our kids have fits. 18, Timbah!
pt. 5. Autumn. 19, And not a drop to drink. 20, The root cellar. 21, Game or Who is? 22, The theatah-the dahnse. 23, Put out that match! 24, You win.
- "A part of this book appeared in a condensed serialization in the Atlantic monthly."--Jacket.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has ms. note "A. [G]. W[...] apr. 16 46." on front flyleaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|