Cleveland [videorecording] : confronting decline in an American city / a Northern Light Production ; produced in collaboration with Lincoln Institute of Land Policy and the Lincoln Foundation ; producer/directors, Tim Lay, Bestor Cram ; writer, John De Lancey.
- Other Title:
- Confronting decline in an American city
- Cambridge, Mass. : Lincoln Institute of Land Policy, c2006.
- Making sense of place ; 2.
Making sense of place ; 
1 videodisc (58 min.) : sd., col., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- Cleveland (Ohio) -- Economic conditions -- 20th century.
Cleveland (Ohio) -- Social conditions -- 20th century.
Cleveland (Ohio) -- History -- 20th century.
Urban renewal -- Ohio -- Cleveland.
City planning -- Ohio -- Cleveland.
Cities and towns -- Ohio.
Cities and towns
Ohio -- Cleveland
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English with optional English and Spanish subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC; widescreen presentation.
- A provocative new documentary film study of Cleveland, Ohio--once America's fifth largest city, and today a metropolitan area struggling to reverse the cumulative effects of decline. Incorporating historic footage of Cleveland's vibrant economic past and recent interviews with city leaders and neighborhood residents, this film is an examination of the difficulties a new generation must confront in dealing with an uncertain future. This film seeks to educate and inspire citizens to engage in a better-informed civic dialogue about economic opportunities, social equity, regional impacts, and public and private partnerships to shape the future of Cleveland and other cities.
- The city at risk
Leaving the city
Decades of decline
City schools in crisis
The city fights back
Bringing people back
The city's competition
Decline spreads to the suburbs
Costs and consequences
Choosing to stay
Keeping business in the city
- Narrator, Bob Souer.
- Director of photography, Jeremy Leach ; editor, Charles E.P. Churchill ; music, Roger Miller.
- "A documentary film and educational outreach project."--Container.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2006.
- Lay, Tim. , Producer, Director
Cram, Bestor. , Producer, Director
DeLancey, John. , Screenwriter
Souer, Bob. , Narrator
Leach, Jeremy. , Photographer
Churchill, Charles E. P. , Film editor
Miller, Roger. , Composer
Northern Light Productions. , Producer
Lincoln Institute of Land Policy. , Producer
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|