Like water for chocolate : a novel in monthly installments, with recipes, romances, and home remedies / Laura Esquivel ; translated by Carol Christensen and Thomas Christensen.
- Standardized Title:
- Como agua para chocolate. English
- First Anchor Books trade paperback edition.
- New York : Anchor Books, 1995.
245,  pages ; 21 cm
- Families -- Mexico -- Fiction.
Mexico -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Now, for the first time, this "tall-tale, fairy-tale, soap opera romance, Mexican cookbook, and home-remedy handbook all rolled into one" (San Francisco Chronicle) is available in trade paper with the original art from the hardcover.
Despite the fact that she has fallen in love with a young man, Tita, the youngest of three daughters born to a tyrannical rancher, must obey tradition and remain single and at home to care for her mother.
- "The recipes in this book are based on traditional Mexican recipes and have not been tested by the publisher."
"First Anchor Books Edition, November 1995"
"Book design by Marysarah Quinn."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Christensen, Thomas, 1948- translator.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|