In the society of Fascists [electronic resource] : acclamation, acquiescence, and agency in Mussolini's Italy / edited by Giulia Albanese and Roberta Pergher.
- Basingstoke : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
1 online resource.
- Fascism -- Italy -- History.
Italy -- Politics and government -- 1914-1945.
- Electronic books.
- It has been a commonplace in Italian scholarship that Fascism enjoyed its long tenure not through terror but because of widespread popular consensus. By contrast a recent wave of research has reintroduced the notion of 'totalitarianism' to discussions of Mussolini's regime - yet often without testing the degree of active participation or opposition. So what was the relationship between Fascists and followers, party and people? Bringing together young Italian scholars - many appearing for the first time in English - engaged in new research on both elites and ordinary people, this volume offers a wide-ranging, in-depth analysis of Italian society's involvement in Fascism.
- Historians, Fascism, and Italian Society: Mapping the Limits of Consent; R. Pergher & G. Albanese
Borghesi in Uniform: Masculinity, Militarism, and the Brutalization of Politics from World War I to the Rise of Fascism; L. Benadusi
Violence and Political Participation during the Rise of Fascism (1919-1926); G. Albanese
Consent, Mobilization, and Participation: The Rise of the Middle Class and its Support for the Fascist Regime; T. Baris
Neither Bluff nor Revolution: The Corporations and the Consolidation of the Fascist Regime (1925-1926); M. Pasetti
The Entrepreneurial Bourgeoisie and Fascism; A. Gagliardi
The Allure of the Welfare State; C. Giorgi
The 'New Racist Man': Italian Society and the Fascist Anti-Jewish Laws; V. Galimi
The Consent of Memory: Recovering Fascist-Settler Relations in Libya; R. Pergher
The Royal Army's Betrayal? Two Different Italian Policies in Yugoslavia (1941-1943); E. Gobetti
Clio Among the Camicie Nere: Italian Historians and their Allegiances to Fascism (1930s-1940s); M. Angelini.
- Albanese, Giulia.
- 9780230392939 (electronic bk.)
0230392938 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|