East of the mountains / David Guterson.
- 1st Harvest ed.
- New York : Harcourt Brace & Co., ©2000.
288 pages : map ; 24 cm
- Colon (Anatomy) -- Cancer -- Patients -- Fiction.
Reminiscing in old age -- Fiction.
Hunting accidents -- Fiction.
Seattle (Wash.) -- Fiction.
Surgeons -- Fiction.
Older men -- Fiction.
Suicide -- Fiction.
- Psychological fiction.
- In Washington State, a widowed doctor suffering from cancer takes a hunting trip, the real purpose of which is to commit suicide, which he will masquerade as an accident. But Dr. Ben Givens' resolve is tested by several events which reaffirm the joy of living--he cheats death by fighting off wolves and helps a girl give birth.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|