The twilight samurai [electronic resource] / [released by] Shochiku ; screenplay, Yoji Yamada & Yoshitaka Asama ; producers, Shigehiro Nakagawa, Hiroshi Fukazawa, Ichiro Yamamoto ; directed by Yoji Yamada.
- New York, NY : First Run Features, 2002.
- New world cinema: independent features & shorts, 1990-present
1 streaming video file (129 min.) : sd., col.
- Fujisawa, Shūhei, 1927-1997 -- Film adaptations.
Divorced women -- Japan -- Drama.
Foreign films -- Japan.
Motion pictures, Japanese.
Samurai -- Drama.
Widowers -- Japan -- Drama.
Japan -- History -- Restoration, 1853-1870 -- Drama.
- Fiction films.
- This edition in Japanese with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Set during the Meiji Restoration of 19th-century Japan, revolves around a low-ranking, poor samurai who struggles to support his two daughters and elderly mother while trying to win the heart of his long-time love.
- A foreign film (Japan).
Based upon the stories by Shuhei Fujisawa.
Originally produced as motion picture in 2002.
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (New world cinema: independent features & shorts, 1990-present). Available via World Wide Web.
12 Japanese film Academy Awards
- Asama, Yoshitaka, 1940-
Fujisawa, Shūhei, 1927-1997.
Miyazawa, Rie, 1973-
Sanada, Hiroyuki, 1960-
Empire Pictures (Firm)
Shōchiku Kabushiki Kaisha.
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|