Viva Laldjérie [electronic resource] : Viva Algeria / Film Movement and Sunday Morning Productions present a film by Nadir Moknèche.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Viva Algeria
- [New York, NY] : Film Movement, 2004.
- Film Movement series
New world cinema: independent features & shorts, 1990-present
1 streaming video file (110 min.) : sd., col.
- Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Mother and child -- Drama.
Mothers and daughters -- Drama.
Prostitution -- Drama.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Algeria -- Drama.
Algeria -- Social conditions -- Drama.
Algeria -- Social life and customs -- Drama.
- Fiction films.
- This edition in French and Arabic with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "Three women: a mother, her daughter, and a prostitute have been living in a hotel in the center of town amid creeping fundamentalism. Goucem, the daughter, has chosen a modern, emancipated life, spending steamy weekends in nightclubs. Fifi, her faithful friend, prostitutes herself under the thumb of a local protector. Papicha, the mother, eats pizzas in front of the television, torn between fear and nostalgia"--Original container.
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (New world cinema: independent features & shorts, 1990-present). Available via World Wide Web.
Film Movement (Firm) ,
- Other format:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.