The first century after Beatrice / Amin Maalouf ; translated by Dorothy S. Blair.
- Standardized Title:
- Premier siècle après Béatrice. English
- New York : George Braziller, 1995.
192 pages ; 22 cm
- Sex preselection -- Fiction.
Population -- Fiction.
Twenty-first century -- Fiction.
Entomologists -- Fiction.
Dust jackets (Binding)
- In the 21st Century, a drug that guarantees the birth of boys--originally developed to reduce Third World populations--leads to a worldwide shortage of women. The result is an explosion of male violence, wars, and the sale of women on the black market. The narrator is a French entomologist trying to eradicate the drug.
- "Jacket design by Catherine Hopkins."
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Blair, Dorothy S.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Blair, Dorothy S. , Translator
Hopkins, Catherine. , Bookjacket designer
- Other format:
- Online version: Maalouf, Amin. Premier siècle après Béatrice. English. First century after Beatrice.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|