Growing cities : a film about urban farming in America / Elmwood Motion Pictures presents a film by Dan Susman ; directed by Dan Susman ; written & produced by Dan Susman, Andrew Monbouquette ; co-producer, Dana Altman ; executive producers, Jeff Susman, Jim & Karen Linder, Katharine Susman, Roots & Wings ; producers, Audrey Paulman, David Hauser, Merril Smith, Rock Shaink ; Elmwood Motion Picture Company LLC.
- [San Francisco, CA] : Elmwood Motion Picture Company, 
1 videodisc (93 min., 58 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Urban agriculture -- United States.
Community gardens -- United States.
Bee culture -- United States.
Local foods -- United States.
Vermicomposting -- United States.
Gardening -- United States.
Gardeners -- United States.
Beekeepers -- United States.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
- English with optional Spanish (theatrical and broadcast version) and Croatian subtitles (theatrical version only).
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC; widescreen; monaural.
digital optical mono Dolby Digital 1.0
laser optical NTSC
video file DVD video region 1
- "From rooftop farmers to backyard beekeepers, Americans are growing food like never before. Growing Cities goes coast to coast to tell the inspiring stories of these intrepid urban farmers, activists, and everyday city-dwellers who are challenging the way this country feeds itself. From those growing in backyards to make ends meet to educators teaching kids to eat healthier, viewers find that urban farming is about much more than simply good food." -- Container.
- Theatrical version (92 min.) ; Broadcast version (58 min.) ; Bonus features: Ultra fresh goat's milk (5 min.)
Squirrels for lunch (3 min.)
Back to the roots (2 min.)
Blooper reel (3 min.).
- Narrators, Dan Susman, Andrew Monbouquette.
- Director of photography, Andrew Monbouquette; editor, Alexandru Moscu; original music composer, Joel St. Julien.
- Title never appears in the film credits; title from container and disc menu.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2013.
Bonus features: Ultra fresh goat's milk (5 min.); Squirrels for lunch (3 min.); Blooper reel (3 min.); Back to the roots (2 min.).
Aspect ratio 16:9.
Portland Film Festival, Closing Night Film, 2013 ; Wild & Scenic Film Festival, Official Selection, 2014 ; Environmental Film Festival in the Nation's Capitol, Official Selection, 2014.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Sabin W. Colton, Jr., Memorial Fund.
- Susman, Dan, filmmaker, film director, screenwriter, film producer, narrator.
Monbouquette, Andrew, filmmaker, screenwriter, film producer, narrator, director of photography.
Altman, Dana, film producer.
Moscu, Alexandru, film editor.
St. Julien, Joel, composer (expression)
Elmwood Motion Picture Company, production company, film distributor.
Sabin W. Colton, Jr., Memorial Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|