Hematology [electronic resource] : a pathophysiologic approach / S. David Hudnall.
- Philadelphia, Pa. : Mosby/Elsevier, c2012.
- Mosby physiology monograph series. ClinicalKey.
The Mosby physiology monograph series
1 online resource (xiii, 171 p.,  p. of plates) : ill. (chiefly col.)
Blood -- Diseases.
- Medical subjects:
- Hematologic Diseases -- physiopathology.
Blood Physiological Phenomena.
Hematology -- methods.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Hematology: A Pathophysiologic Approach, by S. David Hudnall, MD, FCAP, delivers an accessible yet thorough understanding of hematolymphoid physiology and pathophysiology. This new title in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series offers you masterful explanations of hematopoiesis, immunology, hemostasis, hemoglobinopathy, metabolic disorders, genetics, and neoplasia from an authority who has 26 years of practical experience in laboratory hematology and has taught thousands of medical and undergraduate students. In print and online at www.studentconsult.com, this is an ideal integrated, problem-based way to learn about this complex subject. Receive masterful explanations of hematopoiesis, immunology, hemostasis, hemoglobinopathy, metabolic disorders, genetics, and neoplasia from S. David Hudnall, MD, FCAP, who has 26 years of practical experience in laboratory hematology and has taught thousands of medical and undergraduate students. Understand the interrelationships between the diverse factors that can give rise to disease. See how hematologic disorders are evaluated through blood counting, histopathology, immunohistochemistry, cytogenetics, and coagulation testing. Visualize a wide spectrum of hematologic pathology by viewing 150 full-color photomicrographs. Access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com.
- Brief overview of the hematolymphoid system
ch. 1. Hematopoiesis
ch. 2. Erythropoiesis and oxygen transport
ch. 3. Iron, heme, and hemoglobin
ch. 4. Hemoglobinopathy
ch. 5. Red blood cell metabolism and enzyme defects
ch. 6. Hemolytic anemia
ch. 7. Aplastic anemia and related disorders
ch. 8. Megaloblastic anemia
ch. 9. Myeloid cells
ch. 10. Immune system and related disorders
ch. 11. Genetic basis of hematologic neoplasia
ch. 12. Leukemia and related disorders
ch. 13. Lymphoma and related disorders
ch. 14. Blood coagulation
ch. 15. Platelets
ch. 16. Benign conditions of lymphoid organs
ch. 17. Blood transfusion and stem cell transplantation
ch. 18. Cancer chemotherapy
appendix A. Complete blood count
appendix B. Some useful immunophenotypic markers for hematologic diagnosis.
- Includes index.
Description based on print version record.
- Other format:
- Print version: Hudnall, S. David. Hematology.
- 9780323086608 (electronic bk.)
0323086608 (electronic bk.)
9780323043113 (electronic bk.)
0323043119 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|