Principles and practice of pediatric sleep medicine [electronic resource].
- Other records:
- Second edition / [edited by] Stephen H. Sheldon, Meir H. Kryger, Richard Ferber, David Gozal.
- London : Saunders, 2014.
1 online resource : illustrations
- Sleep disorders in children.
Children -- Sleep.
- Medical subjects:
- Sleep Wake Disorders -- diagnosis.
Sleep Wake Disorders -- therapy.
Sleep -- physiology.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Principles and Practice of Pediatric Sleep Medicine, 2nd Edition, written by preeminent sleep medicine experts Drs. Sheldon, Kryger, Ferber, and Gozal, is the most comprehensive source for diagnosing and managing sleep disorders in children. Newly updated and now in full color throughout, this medical reference book is internationally recognized as the definitive resource for any health practitioner who treats children, providing absolute guidance on virtually all of the sleep-associated problems encountered in pediatric patients. Organized format separates coverage into Normal and Abnormal sleep for quick access to the key information you need.Abundantly referenced chapters help you to investigate topics further. Equips you with a complete understanding of both medical and psychiatric sleep disorders.
- The Function, Phylogeny and Ontogeny of Sleep
History of Pediatric Sleep Medicine
Development of Sleep in Infants and Children
Circadian Rhythm Disorders: Diagnosis and Treatment
Sleep during Adolescence
Pharmacology of Sleep
Promoting Healthy Sleep Practices
Sleep History and Differential Diagnosis
Sleep and Colic
Sleep and Gastroesophageal Reflux
Sleep and Pain
Sleep Related Enuresis
Bedtime Problems and Night Wakings
Attention Deficit, Hyperactivity, and Sleep Disorders
Sleep and Its Disturbances in Autism Spectrum Disorder
Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity
Kleine-Levin Syndrome and Recurrent Hypersomnias
Post-Traumatic and Post-Neurosurgical Hypersomnia
Respiratory Physiology and Pathophysiology During Sleep
Apnea of Prematurity
Apparent Life Threatening Events (ALTE)
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome: Pathophysiology and Clinical Characteristics
Diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Cognitive and Behavioral Consequences of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Cardiovascular Consequences of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Metabolic Consequences of Sleep Disordered Breathing
Treatment Options in Obstructive Sleep Apnea
The Otolaryngologist Approach to Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Sleep Disorder Breathing: A Dental Perspective
Non-Invasive Positive Airway Pressure Treatment
Novel Pharmacological Approaches for Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome
Rapid-Onset Obesity with Hypothalamic Dysfunction, Hypoventilation, and Autonomic Dysregulation (ROHHAD)
Disorders of Arousal
REM Behavior Disorder
Sleep-Related Movement Disorders
Restless Legs Syndrome, Periodic Leg Movements and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Epilepsy
Neoplasms and Sleep: Impact and Implications
Sleep in Psychiatric Disorders
Evaluation of Sleep in Cancer
Sleep and School Start Times
Polysomnography and MSLT.
- Previous edition: 2005.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Sheldon, Stephen H., editor.
- 9781455733323 (e-book)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|