Lord of the flies : a novel / by William Golding.
- London ; Boston : Faber and Faber, 1958, c1954.
- Faber paperbacks
223 p. ; 19 cm.
- Survival after airplane accidents, shipwrecks, etc. -- Drama.
- A tale about a group of English schoolboys planewrecked on a deserted island. At first they cooperate, but the situation deteriorates as the trappings of civilization fall away. Explores the boundary between human reason and animal instinct, all on the brutal playing field of adolescent competition.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has ms. note "Nick Kahm" on front inside cover.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Kahm, Nick (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|