Generation like : are kids using social media or is social media using kids? / a FRONTLINE production with Left/Right Docs ; produced and written by Frank Koughan, Douglas Rushkoff.
- Other Title:
- Frontline. Generation like
- [Arlington, Virginia] : PBS,  , ©2014
- [Arlington, Virginia?] : Distributed by PBS Distribution, 
1 videodisc (approximately 60 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Target marketing.
Mass media and teenagers.
Online social networks.
Social media -- Social aspects.
Social media -- Psychological aspects.
Internet marketing -- Social aspects.
- Documentary television programs.
Television programs for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned in English with optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, region 1, widescreen presentation; stereo.
digital optical stereo
video file DVD video region 1
- Explores how the perennial teen quest for identity and connection has migrated to social media, and exposes the game of cat-and-mouse that corporations are playing with these young consumers. Here is a powerful examination of the evolving and complicated relationship between teens and the companies that are increasingly working to target them. A follow-up to FRONTLINE's 2001 documentary The merchants of cool.
- Presenter, Douglas Rushkoff ; commentators, Bonin Bough, Tyler Oakley.
- Editors, Fanny Lee, Steve Audette; director of photography, Jaron Berman.
Originally broadcast February 18, 2014, as an episode of the television series Frontline.
"Frontline is a production of WGBH/Boston."
"[C]ontains mature content which may not be suitable for all audiences."
- Rushkoff, Douglas, narrator, on-screen presenter, television producer, writer., Narrator, Producer, Screenwriter, Presenter
Koughan, Frank, television producer, writer., Producer, Screenwriter
Vargas, Kevin, producer., Producer
Bough, B. Bonin, commentator., Commentator
Oakley, Tyler, commentator., Commentator
Lee, Fanny, editor of moving image work., Editor
Audette, Steve, editor of moving image work., Editor
Bermon, Jaron, director of photography., Cinematographer
Left/Right (Firm), production company., Producer
WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.), production company., Producer
Public Broadcasting Service (U.S.), publisher., Publisher
PBS Distribution (Firm), film distributor., Distributor
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|