Bushwhacked : life in George W. Bush's America / Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose.
- Other Title:
- Life in George W. Bush's America
- 1st Vintage Books ed.
- New York : Vintage Books, 2004, c2003.
xvi, 347 p. ; 21 cm.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 2001-
Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946- -- Ethics.
Political corruption -- United States.
United States -- Economic conditions -- 2001-
United States -- Social conditions -- 1980-
Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946-
- A simultaneously rollicking and sobering indictment of the policies of President George W. Bush, Bushwhacked chronicles the destructive impact of the Bush administration on the very people who put him in the White House in the first place. Here are the ties that connected Bush to Enron, yes, but here, too, is the story of the woman who walks six miles to the unemployment office daily, wondering what happened to the economic security Bush promised. Here are reports on failed nation-building missions in Kabul and Baghdad. Here, too, the story of a rancher who has fallen prey to a Bush-Cheney interior department that is perhaps a wee bit too cozy with the oil industry. Bushwhacked is highly original and entirely thought-provoking₇essential reading for anyone living in George W. Bush's America.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -331) and index.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Dubose, Lou.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Ivins, Molly. Bushwhacked.
- 0375713115 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|