Vernon God Little / D.B.C. Pierre.
- 1st Harvest ed.
- Orlando : Harcourt, 2004.
277 p. ; 21 cm.
- High school students -- Fiction.
School violence -- Fiction.
Teenage boys -- Fiction.
Massacres -- Fiction.
Texas -- Fiction.
High school students.
- Black humor (Literature)
- When sixteen kids are shot on high school grounds, everyone looks for someone to blame. Meet Vernon Little, under arrest at the sheriff's office, a teenager wearing nothing but yesterday's underwear and his prized logo sneakers. Moments after the shooter, his best buddy, turns the gun on himself, Vernon is pinned as an accomplice. Out for revenge are the townspeople, the cable news networks, and Deputy Vaine Gurie, a woman whose zeal for the Pritikin diet is eclipsed only by her appetite for barbecued ribs from the Bar-B-Chew Barn. So Vernon does what any red-blooded American teenager would do; he takes off for Mexico. Vernon God Little is a provocatively satirical, riotously funny look at violence, materialism, and the American media.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0156029987 (pbk.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|