Floating in my mother's palm : a novel / Ursula Hegi.
- 1st Scribner pbk. Fiction ed.
- New York : Scribner Paperback Fiction, 1998.
187 pages ; 21 cm
- City and town life -- Germany -- Fiction.
Children -- Germany -- Fiction.
Authors, American -- Northwest, Pacific.
Germany -- Fiction.
City and town life.
- Hanna Malter is a young girl growing up in 1950's Burgdorf, a small German town. Hanna's courageous voice evokes her unconventional mother, who swims during thunderstorms; the illegitimate son of an American GI, who learns from Hanna about his father; and the librarian, who lets Hanna see her hometown from a dwarf's extraordinary point of view. Although Hegi wrote this book first, it can be read as a sequel to Stones from the River.--From publisher description.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Hegi, Ursula. Floating in my mother's palm.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|