Revisiting the colonial past in Morocco [electronic resource] / edited by Driss Maghraoui.
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
- History and society in the Islamic world.
History and society in the Islamic world
1 online resource.
- Morocco -- History -- 1912-1956.
Morocco -- Social conditions -- 20th century.
Morocco -- Social conditions -- 19th century.
France -- Colonies -- Africa.
Imperialism in literature.
- Electronic books.
- Employing new theoretical and methodological approaches, this volume encourages a re-assessment of existing work and promotes a more interdisciplinary approach to the colonial history of Morocco. Revisiting the Colonial Past in Morocco is a highly topical and useful addition to literature on the subject and will be of interest to students and scholars of History, Imperialism and more generally, Middle Eastern Studies.
- Colonialism, spatial configurations and science. The mellah without walls : Jewish space in a Moroccan city : Tangier, 1860-1912 / by Susan Gilson Miller
Colonial experience and territorial practices / by Abdelahad Sebti
France in Morocco : technocosmopolitanism and middling modernism / by Paul Rabinow
Knowledge, gender and spatial configuration in colonial Casablanca / by Driss Maghraoui
Rumor and revolution : medicine, technology, and popular politics in pre-Protectorate Morocco, 1877-1912 / by Ellen Amster. Colonialism and nationalism : a social history. Civilian administrators in Protectorate Morocco : an unrecognized function / by Olivier Berger
Mohand N'hamoucha : Middle Atlas Berber / by Edmund Burke, III
Slavery and the situation of blacks in Morocco in the first half of the twentieth century / by Rita Aouad
Propaganda and its target : the venom campaign in Tangier during World War Two / by Richard Pennell
National resistance, Amazighité, and (re)-imagining the nation in Morocco / by Jonathan Wyrtzen. The literary and artistic dimension of colonialism.
American orientalism : taking Casablanca / by Brian T. Edwards
Post-colonial literature in Morocco : nation, identity and resistance aesthetics / by Said Graiouid
Nos goumiers berberes : the ambiguities of colonial representations in French military novels / by Driss Maghraoui
Le Protectorat dans la peau : Prosper Ricard and the "native arts" in French colonial Morocco, 1899-1952 / by James Mokhiber.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Maghraoui, Driss.
Taylor and Francis eBooks
- Other format:
- Print version: Revisiting the colonial past in Morocco.
- 9780203366950 (electronic bk.)
0203366956 (electronic bk.)
9781134061679 (electronic bk.)
1134061676 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.