Wine, women and song : medieval Latin student songs / now first translated into English verse with an essay by John Addington Symonds.
- Other records:
- Portland, Me. : Printed for Thomas B. Mosher, 1899.
4 preliminary leaves, 190,  pages ; 19 x 15 cm
- Students' songs, Latin -- Translations into English.
English poetry -- Translations from Latin.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Maine Portland.
- "The border of violets on wrapper was designed and cut on the wood by Charles Ricketts, and is taken from an edition ... of Fifty songs by Thomas Campion ..."
"725 copies of this book have been printed on Van Gelder handmade paper and the type distributed."
"Books on goliardic literature": p. 188.
Title in red and black.
- Local notes:
- Jean-François Vilain and Roger S. Wieck Collection of Mosher Press imprints presented to the Penn Libraries in 2012.
- Penn Provenance:
- Vilain, Jean-François, 1952- (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection)
Wieck, Roger S. (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection)
Low, Franklin (autograph 1907) (Vilain-Wieck Collection)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Bishop, P.R. Mosher, 439
Hatch, B.L. Mosher, 119
- Thomas B. Mosher (Firm), publisher.
Jean-François Vilain and Roger S. Wieck Collection of Private Presses, Ephemera, & Related References (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Symonds, John Addington, 1840-1893. Wine, women and song.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|