Preserving our heritage : perspectives from antiquity to the digital age / selections and commentary by Michèle Valerie Cloonan.
- Chicago : Neal -Schuman, an imprint of the American Library Association, 2015.
xxxvii, 693 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Library materials -- Conservation and restoration.
Books -- Conservation and restoration.
Archival materials -- Conservation and restoration.
Manuscripts -- Conservation and restoration.
Sound recordings -- Conservation and restoration.
Photographs -- Conservation and restoration.
Motion picture film -- Preservation.
Museums -- Conservation and restoration.
Cultural property -- Conservation and restoration.
- A collection of key introductory readings of historic preservation literature. Since the essays are presented in an historical timeline, the reader discovers the roots of many current debates. By bringing together material from a variety of sources, this text represents the depth and scope of this intellectually rich field.
- Early perspectives on preservation
Perspectives on cultural heritage
Preservation in context: libraries, archives, museums, and the built environment
Collections: development and management
Risks to cultural heritage: time, nature, and people
Frameworks for digital preservation
Ethics and values
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Cloonan, Michèle Valerie, 1955- editor.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|