Altman / Kathryn Reed Altman and Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan ; introduction by Martin Scorsese.
- New York, NY : Abrams, 2014.
335 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 32 cm
- Altman, Robert, 1925-2006.
Altman, Robert, 1925-2006 -- Pictorial works.
Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- Biography.
Motion pictures -- United States -- History.
Motion picture producers and directors.
- "For decades, Robert Altman fascinated audiences with pioneering films--among them M*A*S*H, Nashville, The Player, and Gosford Park--that combined technical innovation with subversive, satirical humor and impassioned political engagement. His ability to explore and engage so many different worlds with a single, coherent vision changed the landscape of cinema forever. This signature "Altmanesque" style is, in the words of Martin Scorsese: "as recognizable and familiar as Renoir's brushstrokes or Debussy's orchestrations." Now, the Altman estate opens its archive to celebrate his extraordinary life and career in the first authorized visual biography on the iconoclastic director. Altman, by Altman's widow Kathryn Reed Altman and film critic Guilia D'Agnolo Vallan, brims with photographs and ephemera, many culled from private family albums, and personal recollections of the director. Alongside the intimate illustrated story is a complete visual, historical, and critical narrative of Altman's films and his process."--Publisher's description.
- The early years / Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan
Kansas City Bob / Frank Barhydt
Something akin to love / Michael Murphy
The early years / Kathryn Reed Altman
The seventies (pt. I) / Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan
Review : McCabe & Mrs. Miller / Roger Ebert
Review : Love and Coca Cola / Pauline Kael
The seventies (part 1) / Kathryn Reed Altman
Nashville / Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan
Nashville : a shadow of what we have become and where we might look for wisdom / Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Review : Coming : Nashville / Pauline Kael
An interview with Lily Tomlin / Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan
Nashville / Kathryn Reed Altman
The seventies (pt. II) / Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan
Remarks at the Robert Altman Memorial Tribute / E.L. Doctorow
Altman after hours / Alan Rudolph
The seventies (part 2) / Kathryn Reed Altman
The eighties / Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan
An interview with Jules Feiffer / Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan
Some thoughts about Tanner '88 / Michael Murphy
The eighties / Kathryn Reed Altman
The nineties / Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan
Greener pastures / Michael Tolkin
Robert Altman & Frank Barhydt / Tess Gallagher
The nineties / Kathryn Reed Altman
The aughts / Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan
An interview with Julian Fellowes / Giulia D'Agnolo Vallan
Altman / James Franco
Bob / Garrison Keillor
The aughts / Kathryn Reed Altman.
- Includes filmography (pages 326-329) and index.
- D'Agnolo Vallan, Giulia, author.
Scorsese, Martin, writer of introduction.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|