Bake-face and other guava stories / by Opal Palmer Adisa ; introduction by Barbara Christian.
- First edition
- Berkeley : Kelsey St. Press, 1986.
xiii, , 116,  pages ; 22 cm
- Women -- Jamaica -- Fiction.
Women -- Jamaica -- Social life and customs -- Fiction.
Women -- Social life and customs.
- Place of Publication:
- United States California Berkeley.
Duppy get her
Me man angel
- "'Bake-Face & Other Guava Stories' was set in Palatino by Heyday Books and was printed in an edition of 2,000 copies by Delta Lithograph Co. in Los Angeles."
"The ackee fruit on the cover is the national fruit of Jamaica; it is poisonous until ripe, at which time the pod bursts, revealing the dark, glossy seeds."
"First Edition/March 1986."
"Book design and illustration by Victor Ichioka."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Christian, Barbara, 1943-2000, introduction writer.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Adisa, Opal Palmer, 1954- Bake-face and other guava stories.
- 0932716202 (pbk.) :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|