The Arabian nights : tales from a Thousand and one nights / translated, with a preface and notes by Richard F. Burton ; introduction by A.S. Byatt.
- Standardized Title:
- Arabian nights. English. Selections.
- 2004 Modern Library mass market ed.
- New York : Modern Library, 2004, ©2001.
xli, 1049,  pages ; 18 cm
- Fairy tales -- Arab countries.
Arabs -- Folklore.
Tales -- Arab countries.
- "Full of mischief, valor, ribaldry, and romance, The Arabian Nights has enthralled readers for centuries. These are the tales that saved the life of Shahrazad, whose husband, the king, executed each of his wives after a single night of marriage. Beginning an enchanting story each evening, Shahrazad always withheld the ending: A thousand and one nights later, her life was spared forever."--Back cover.
- "Reading group guide"--Page [1051-1052].
"A trade paperback edition of this work was originally published by Modern Library, an imprint of The Random House Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc., in 2001"--Title page verso.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Burton, Richard Francis, Sir, 1821-1890.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|