The Leib Glantz project : forty-three new arrangements of the compositions of cantor and composer Leib Glantz / edited by Jerry Glantz.
- Standardized Title:
- Vocal music. Selections; arranged
- Other Title:
- Forty-three new arrangements of the cantor and composer Leib Glantz
43 new arrangements of the cantor and composer Leib Glantz
New arrangements of the cantor and composer Leib Glantz
- First edition.
- [Tel Aviv, Israel] : Published by The Tel Aviv Institute for Jewish Liturgical Music, 2013. , ©2013
- Musical score
1 score (x, 489 pages) : portrait ; 28 cm + 3 audio discs (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Jews -- Music.
Ashkenazim -- Music.
Hasidim -- Music.
Sacred songs (High voice) with piano.
Songs (High voice) with piano.
Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices) with piano.
Choruses, Sacred (Mixed voices), Unaccompanied.
- Romanized Hebrew (principally) or Yiddish text (D'voirele); sung in the same languages on the accompanying CDs.
- System Details:
- CD digital optical 1.4 m/s
CD audio file CD audio
- The Leib Glantz project : list of composition arrangements
The sponsors of the Leib Glantz project
Preface by Jerry Glantz
Introduction by Raymond Goldstein
Biography of Leib Glantz
- Excerpts from essays about Leib Glantz
Excerpts from Leib Glantz's writings and lectures
About the book about Leib Glantz : The man who spoke to God
A dialogue with the Almighty / essay by Cantor Naftali Herstik
Taking a Glantz at ourselves / essay by Cantor Ralph Schlossberg
The musical basis of Nu'sach Ha'Te'fi'la / lecture by Leib Glantz, 1952
Musical scores of forty-three new arrangements of Leib Glantz compositions
Leib Glantz published books.
Compositions : [Disc 1.] Weekday Shachrit service. Shomer Yisrael
Sabbath services. Kol ha'shem [cantor and choir (S.A.T.B.), unaccompanied] ; Ana be'choach [cantor and choir (S.A.T.B.), unaccompanied] ; Amar Rabbi Elazar ; Yigdal [cantor and choir (S.A.T.B.), piano] ; Ein ke'er'ke'cha ; Az be'kol ; B'rich shimei ; Ven'nomar le'fanav ; Av ha'rachamim hu ye'rachem ; Av ha'rachamim shochen meromim [cantor and choir (T.T.B.B.), unaccompanied] ; Sh'ma Yisrael (in D) [cantor and choir (T.T.B.B.), unaccompanied] ; Sh'ma Yisrael (in E♭) [cantor and choir (S.A.T.B.), unaccompanied] ; Sh'ma Yisrael ; Uv'yom ha'shabbat [cantor and choir (T.T.B.B.), unaccompanied] ; Birkat kohanim ; Sim shalom [cantor and choir (T.T.B.B.), piano]
[Disc 2.] Hallel & three festivals. Be'tzeit Yisrael [cantor and choir (S.A.T.B.), unaccompanied] ; Ahavti [cantor, cello, piano] [includes part for cello, bound in] ; Ahavti ; Tal
Selichot. Ahsrei [cantor and choir (S.A.T.B.), unaccompanied] ; L'chu ne'rane'na ; Machnisei rachamim
High holidays. Ki ke'shimcha ; Haloch ve'karata
[Disc 3.] Ki hi'neh ka'chomer ; Eskera elokim
Other. Sheva p'amim ata (concert) ; El maleh rachamim (Shoah) ; Maoz tzur (Channuka)
Songs & Chassidic melodies. Acharei moti ; Ashreinu ; Be'shuv ha'shem ; Chassidic medley (Ashreinu/Uv'yom Hashabbat/Le'cha Dodi) ; D'ror yikra ; D'voirele (Yiddish) ; Elokeinu kadsheinu ; Hu yiftach libeinu ; Kol me'kadesh ; Nachpe'sa ; Titgadal ve'titkadash (C. Winternitz) ; Titgadal ve'titkadash (R. Goldstein) [cantor and choir (T.T.B.B.), unaccompanied].
- Composed & sung by Cantor Leib Glantz (accompanying CDs). For cantor and piano unless otherwise indicated in the note listing the titles of compositions.
- Arrangements principally for cantor and piano; cantor, mixed voices, and piano; cantor and mixed or men's voices, unaccompanied; or mixed or men's voices, unaccompanied; compositions arranged by various individuals.
Introductory essays and notes on individual compositions in English; CDs include recordings of most of the works represented in the score; works excluded on the CDs noted on p. vii-viii of the score.
- Local notes:
- Penn Freedman copy has CD's shelved separately in Freedman.
- Penn Provenance:
- Glantz, Jerry (donor) (Freedman copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Glantz, Jerry, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|